Saturday, March 29, 2008

Crazy Day

I have never felt so insecure in my life.

Today was a day I skiped OCF and attended Li's graduation. Li graduated at the Sheraton hotel and it was great too see her graduate! She looks sooo preety :) Always have been too :P The phrase "Hang Zhou chu chang mei nu" wasn't a play play phrase :) Hang Zhou, where Li is from and apparently its a state famous for their pretty girls hehee.

Li in her graduation gown :)

Met her landlady as well and she is nice :) We spent most of our time chatting beside the riverside as the sun set behind us. It was a site that i marveled at.



After the graduation was pretty funny. There were light refreshments served but everyone was famished by then. The food dat was placed on the table never lasted very long, 10-30 seconds and one plate wud be gone. Before long, the food never reached the table and the WAITer had to only do what their name mentions -WAIT. All they did was take the food outa the kitchen and WAIT wher people wud just flock towards them automatically.

It was the heading home part that kinda freaked me out.

Initial plan : Walk to the train station with Li, catch a train back around 9pm and have Brett (my homestay dad) to pick me up from there.

The plan changed as I realize there were these few gurls who lived down the street. It was also rather late after the whole thing. Asked whether I can follow them and they said yes. :) I was happy. We went for dinner with a bunch of people I didn't know of. I felt kinda lost in their group.

Anyways, they started chatting about going clubbing after dinner and everyone seemed to agree with it. That's when all of my worries started. I didn't wanna go. All I wanted was to be home. It was a moment when I really really wished I was in OCF, with people i know and all. The girl who drove seemed very into the whole idea of going clubbing and it wasnt exactly very logical if I asked her to drop me home first, a 20 minute drive away, and come back to the city where we already are.

I started panicking. It was already 11 and it was late, for homestay standard that is. Furthermore, I was underaged, by two days, and I have never been so thankful to be. I dunno, I guess clubbing is just not my thing, and I dun plan to try it anytime soon, what more with people whom I know only by name.

So, I had my excuse of being underaged. I wouldn't have been able to get in anyways. They are quite strict on these here in Aussie.

This was a Friday night and the city, Northbridge to be exact, wasnt exactly the best place for a girl to be alone. It can be pretty dodgy wth drunk people around and stuff. All sorts of possibilities went through my head.

"How in the world was I gonna head home????" was the main question.

If I took the train home, I would have to do a 30 min walk home. Brett and Claire would definitely be sleeping by then. 30 minute walk through either housing area or factories in the middle of the night alone is already kinda creeping me out. And it doesn't make it better when I'm in a formal dress and high heels...

I started panicking at the dinner table and I hoped it didn't show on my face. I knew they were going to go ahead with the clubbing plan and I was sorta outa ideas. I was nervous, I felt insecure. I dun think u wud ever see me as quiet at the dinner table lo.

Ben came to my mind as he should be either home or somewhere around. He's the nearest to my house I could think of, so I gave him a call. He was busy and asked me to call back later.

By then, they were already leaving the restaurant. So what I told them was to drop me off at the train station and Ill take a train back where someone wud pick me up from there. The driver refused to let me walk alone to the train station and it was pretty sweet of her to ask the whole gang to walk me there. Anyways, point was, I actually have no idea who was going to pick me up.
But one thing i knew for sure - I wanted to be home. So, there I was in the city train station, all alone in a formal dress and all. Insecurity and uncertainty was all that I've felt. Everything seemed soo vague to me.

I gave papa Ben a call and just blurted out all that happened. He was sending Wen Hui home then and was somewher near Merdoch area. He told me to take a train there and he will be there at Merdoch station.

You have no idea how relieved I felt when I heard him saying that. I was literally almost in verge of tears. Thank God the station was crowded with people, making it les dodgy. The only reason why it was so was because Maroon 5 was in town.

The train finally came and once I entered, I could smell alchohol everywher. Found myself a seat and I just coudn't wait to reach the station. I was thirsty, needed the loo but nothing of this sort mattered much to me then.

When I saw papa and Wen Hui, it was the best thing that happened to me today. To know that I was in safe arms was just amazing! I dunno how to describe the whole feeling, but knowing that you are with someone you trust and with insecurity gone, was a huge sigh of relieve for me.

I reached home like 1 am that day, cos we kept getting lost around Wen Hui's place, but it wasn't on my concerned list at all. I was safely home and I enjoyed every bit of the ride home. :) We laughed, we chatted and I was just plain grateful that God provided papa to come to my rescue!!!! Love God n papa to bits!! :)

Signin off : Cow, idea of following someone home didn't exactly work :P

2 comments:

:: keanie-weanie :: said...

eh.it was a recommendation..

i din know u'll end up with such ppl..

next time pray before u decide to skip God for sth else... =p

sorry..

my bad..

i hope my msgin did teman u a lil..


~keanie-weanie~

Esther's Blog said...

Hiaks..nolah..not ur fault la :) I wasn't dileberately looking for people to go back home with mar :P Heheee.. Uhuh u did alright with all da msgin n stuff :)

Im safe and sound sp yea :P Al's good. ")

And it wasn't Durian fibre in my teeth!!! It was cos da durian was in front of mr and apparently it had a fibre stickin out from it!! Hah