Friday, November 30, 2007

Taking up the cross

It was easy to help an old lady take her walking thingy when she got off the bus. It was even easier to flash a wide smile at this cute lil kid who had the sweetest look and smile whom just popped by beside u in the bus, even when ur feeling super down. But why issit so hard to decide on following God's way or my way??

It really hit me today of how unworthy i was to be loved by God. An old christian song dat I've sung over and over in church. "This is my desire to honour You" it goes. It is true dat it has always been my desire to honour God but even so, i have soo fallen short of it. Wrong decisions, wrong actions, wrong words, wrong thoughts. There's just a never ending wrongness in me.

Are we dat lovable till God sent His only son to die for us? I doubt many of us can say "Im such a great person and the world was a better place with me in it" Well, I find it amazing how God can still love us even when we are so faulty. I believe it's more of his grace and unconditional love rather than God loving us cos we're lovable.

An experience that humbled me soo much to see how great his love is. Yet, I'm still thinking of whether i should do the right thing or follow what i want. Sigh sometimes taking up the cross is not exactly the easiest thing.

Matthew 16:24
Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.

Signin off: Miss u n wanna be wif u

No comments: