Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Woots woots

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him who have been called according to his purpose. For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of His son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers."
Romans 8:28-29

Many a times we read this verse and go, yep, all things WILL work for those who love God. Everything will run on smoothly, problems are no where to be seen, they will be no worries in their life. After all, God did say so.

Many a times, when things do go wrong, we tend to question. There is no doubt about God's sovereignty. You therefore start questioning yourself.

God I know You are in control, but is it cos that I don't love you enough that I'm going through this? Why is it that even after devoting you all my time to You and following you (I know it's a privilege), I am still faced with such a situation, something I don't have control over?

Where is the goodness you promised??

Well, legitimate questions they are.

First of all, this bit is written for two categories of people :
- Those who love him
- Those called according to His purpose
Are you in any one of them?

Secondly, read the second bit very carefully :)
For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of His son. God's ultimate purpose is to mould us to be like Christ. "Works for the good" does not mean it is something that looks or feels good to you at all. Nor does it mean you have a better looking life than others, problem free. Sure, God can choose to bless you but His good has this in mind, to build you towards the likeness of Christ :P

How cool is that!
Signin off: Cooked for a whole kampung...of two today :) and and Kings Park + Asian duck who eats rice :) What cud be better :P

No comments: