Sunday, March 22, 2009

I'm happily burnt! :)

I can now proudly say that I finally stepped foot on Rottnest Island!! It took 3 yrs in Perth for me to finally go, but it was just awesome!!! AWESOME!!

Realize how its Puan x3 on our tickets? Haha btw, Rottnest Island is an island off the shores of Perth (not sure which sea) that's around 1/2 hr boat ride from Fremantle if you werent sure.

The day started off with... Timothy our visitor from KL,
Puan my dear housemate,and dim sum!

Filled our stomachs soo much that we tapaued quite a bit for our journey. Headed to Freo to catch our ferry and off we went - each followed by another and all our timing were literally on the dot, meaning if we were to be late for a minute or so we woudn't be able to make it in time :P Running after the train with the feeling that our Dim Sum was crawling its way up from our stomachs was exciting :) lols

On the ferry, we were briefed on how to use the life jacket but notice how every one of them watching were wearing sunnies? :)

The place was just splendid. We actually decided to go for a 3km walk to the Western most tip of Rottnest Island not knowing what to expect. It took us 6km in total return and it was the motivation of whats ahead and the words of a passerby that kept us going. Never had I seen such beautiful waves hitting the rocks by the seaside! The waves were light sky blue colour, with wave after waves sweeping across the waters as though they were clouds flowing smoothly across the sky, glietering under the hot afternoon sun.

6km was a bit of a dread to walk but it was no regret at all. The site really left me in complete awe of how great God's creations can be!



Love Rottnest yet? I know I have :)



We met new friends there as well! Meet Betsie the curious...


and Dorothy the hungry Quokka. Aren't they cute? :) Dorothy actually had Siew Mai for tea! Hehee, everytime she munched her way through when we gave her tiny pieces, it was as though she was the happiest thing alive and it seemed like she was smilling her way through, asking for more! This picture of her she looks kinda shy though :)


Below are two pictures I quite like. First one was taken off the bus window on a couple enjoying their swim. It was quite a random shot from the tinted bus window but I liked the colour and I just thought it was kinda sweet.

The next picture had a kid enjoying herself playing on the sand with an ever so "Pirate of the Carribean" sailboat behind. Loved the boat!

Basically, we took the last ferry home, all exhausted and well satisfied! Really hope there's a second time to Rottnest! Thank God for the safe journet to and fro and the super lovely, absolutely perfect weather! Cloud+wind+sun spells perrfect for Rottnest!

Next up, I have a job! This is super exciting. Wanna guess what job it is?

I'm going to be a chinese teacher!! Surprised yet? Lols, never in my life did I imagine I would teach chinese, especially with my level of chinese, but I believe it'll be a time where I learn as well as teach! Hehee A parent from church wanted to have someone tutor two 4-5 yr old child :) and their paying me $20 an hour! :P

I've left the best for last. Guess what guess what????

I'm going to see Phantom of the Opera!!!! I really can't believe this is happening and I'm head over toes excited about it! First, the fact that phantom is actually in Perth (although being Aussie crew)! It's just so rare for such big musicals to even be in Perth. Summore summore, mummy said yes!! Man, I can be the happiest person in the world :) Can't wait can't wait can't wait! Wheeeeee~

5 comments:

SyL Regina said...

Omg! go rottnest din bring me! T.T smack u xiaojie :P walking 3 km..if keep on talking,i bet you've forgotten you walk for 3km. Nice.

You'll love phantom of the opera!the story line abit suspense there but i definitely love that broadway show!

alyshä said...

oooh what a load of good news!! :D altho i also cannot imagine u teaching chinese wakaka *hugs*

Esther's Blog said...

nyaha me neither :P will finde out how it goes when I start! Excited escited

Esther's Blog said...

To Syl : Haha it wasnt that easy for a 3km walk. Haha u shud go watchhh phantom too!

SyL Regina said...

Hmmm. nevermind la.you did it! should be happy!

You din ask me to go T.T hmmm..i watched dy the phantom in US.Got the cd too. hehe.