
Beautiful autumn leaves caught my eyes as I stepped in school and reminded me of a wonderful creator we have. Creation has always left me in awe. You can just look a smallest flower, and wonder in amazement how delicately it was all put together - every shade of colour on each petal to the finest lines that our eyes can see.
It's been a while since I last blogged and Ive got heaps to blog about but there's simply no time. Busy doing things here and there (not exactly shool work) but my week had been an interesting one. Helping out in sunday school...sausage sizzles...birthday party.. :P
Friday night at OCF (Overseas Christian Fellowship), a pastor came in and talk about apologetics, nothing to do with apologising, but more of how to defend ones faith. He came up with a lot of practical ideas of how we, as students, can answer some of the questions thrown at us. Different religions was something we discussed about as well.
Some conclusions we came up with...
Religions are NOT all the same. Some has one god, some has many gods. Ask a muslim whether what he believes in is the same as a christian, he'll clearly tell you no. They believe in Allah and Christians believe that Jesus is the only way. Religions are different from one another.
Sincerity in faith does not equal truth. One can be very sincere in believing in what they believe in but it does not mean thats the truth. One can be sincerely wrong.
Don't focus on winning the argument, win the person over for God.
To me, the things that he said seemed pretty useful but I also believed that in reality, there would'nt be much times where I can really apply it. I believe any other peron would agree that sharing to another person about Christianity is not necessary the easiest thing to do. Starting the conversation about God is not an easy task either.
Again, something that I sincerely believed in proved that I was sincerely wrong :) God works in the most amazing ways.
It was a Saturday morning and I was running late! I was suppose to meet Su Lin in the city at 8:45am and I only opened my eyes at 7:45. Everything was blurry then.
My journey takes around 40mins of walk and train and reluctantly, I dashed around my house, grabbed something to munch and headed off groggily only at 8am. I was on my way to a meeting.
Most of my Saturday mornings these days were spent with this group of people, the OCF Winter Camp committee. After meeting for months and working together planning for Winter Camp, they are now quite dear to me. Here's our family portrait, front view and back :P


Anyways, let me go back to where I was. Surprisingly, I caught the train without much wait and reached the city around 8:30.
Taking the longest route possibe to kill time, I strolled my way to the Red and Yellow Cat stop beside Myers, where Su was gonna pick me up. (In Perth, we have free buses called city cats that bring you around the city) It started pouring then but I couldn be bothered and didnt want a wet umbrella in my bag. Got a lil soaked as I walked over to the cat stop.
Cold, wet and alone I sat at the bus stop and waited. Was bored and started playing games on my phone. It was then that a man came over and hailed a bus. The bus din stop as it was a cat stop and not a bus stop.
"I've catched a thousand buses and I missed this one." the man said.
"They don't stop here, this is a red and yellow cat stop." I replied and explained that he would have to walk down the street to the old bus port to catch one.
I thought this was the part where he walks on and I continue with my game playing but obviously not. He sat himself down comfortably beside meon the bench. Knowing me, this will be the time when fear creeps in.
I WAS scared and the plan of going off somewher for a while was all over my mind. After all, Su was coming late and that seemed like a brilliant idea. My thoughts drifted away as a conversation started.
"Where are ya heading to?" He asked.
Trying to keep things discrete, I answered the simplestest ans I could give.
"I'm going for a meeting, and you?"
The funny thing was, I felt comfortable talking to this guy. Mid 20s, caucasian, scruffy hair, dressed casually. It din felt like he was some dodgy fellow.
"I'm heading to (some place). I just got a new job." He said with a beaming face.
"That's great!"
"Yeah, what sort of meeting are ya going to?"
"OCF Winter Camp"
"Cool, a camp. What's OCF?"
"Overseas Christian Fellowship."
"Oh so your chrstian are you?"
"Yeah, and yourself?"
"My family's christian and all...but me.. Im not into these stuff."
Riiing..Riiing... Will called.
"Can I tell you a story?"
I was a bit nervous when he said that. I had no idea what sort of story he was going to come up with but how bad can a story get.
"Sure," I replied.
"There was this time last week when these few people came up to me with a bag that looked something like one you get from Mackers (Mc Donald). They asked me whether I wanted a burger and I said why not? But.. they told me there was one catch."
A story line that Ive never come across in my life but it sure kept me listening. He continued with his story.
"They said they wanted to pray for me." he said. "I wanted the burger so I let them pray for me. The cool thing was what they prayed for came true. I just thought you're a christian and I'd told you that"
Riiing riiing.. This time Pam called. She was late too and she was going to join me at the bus stop to follow Su.
I wasn't satisfied, I wanted to know more.
"What was it that they prayed for?"
"They prayed that I would not loose my job, my new job. I have problems with alchoholism and I've been..you know..not turning up at work. But what they prayed for came true!! I did not loose my job! Do you think it was a coincidence?"
"Nope!" I replied. I told him a story in return, of how prayer had worked when everything seemed so impossible with a musical drama we had in my church before. We had a day of fasting and prayer, and it was amazing to see things falling into place as we handed everything to God.
Prayer was never the same for me after that musical. Prayer was no longer a time where people blab on and on and make me sleepy. Rather, it was a time where we are talking to a God that answers, a God that makes the impossible possible.
By then, Pam reached where I was and before long Su came. I managed to pass him a winter camp form to let him know what exactly we were meeting for.
I wanted to tell him more. I wished I could but I hope that whatever said will make a difference in his life. I know it did in mine!
Apologetics did come in handy and it left me in amazement how God puts opportunities for us to share in times you least expect - in my case, a stranger waiting for a bus and I just happen to be there at the right place at the right time. Coincidence?
I believe not. :)
The rest of my week includes...
Playing with Eugene, our house pet

Sausage sizzle at Curtin - Winter Camp fundraising
My job~
Advertising crew~ :P

We sorta ran out of a lot of things like onions, sausages and even gas! But everything went well :P It was great fun!!!

My English class :P
Celebrating Maggie's birthday. Love this picture of her!
And there was Chemistry class where me n my table buddies, Ben and Adam were bored. Adam, the one behind ,was actually concentrating super hard on his calculator. Wonder why? He was playing games on it. :P
Also been watching my dear cactus die. All I did was gave it a table spoon of water and it is rotting liaw :( Cow, this pic good enuf dy?

Being sot with my housemate was on the list too :) Realized how similar we were yet?
No comments:
Post a Comment